Courthouse Logo
Spokane County
Detention Services

1100 W. Mallon Ave.
Spokane, WA 99260-0320
Contact Us
Skip Navigation Links
Print this page 
Email this page to a friend 

Your questions, comments, and suggestions about this page help us evaluate how well we are doing at providing clear and concise information.

The suggestion field is required. Please provide an email address or contact information if you would like a response.

Inmate Property

Picking up Property


Before an inmate can release his personal property, he must get approval through the inmate request system. Once approval has been granted, inmate property can be picked up. In order to pick up property, you must be the person specified by the inmate, and you must have photo identification. At the cashier window located in the lobby of the Spokane County Jail. The cashier window is closed from 12 noon to 1:10 p.m. each day and from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. Once you get to the jail to pick up property, you will need to wait for staff to retrieve the property. If you do not have the time to wait, please come back at a time that is more convenient for you.

If you have been released and need  to pick up your property.  Go to Building 17 (#18 on Campus Map).


You may pick up property that has been pre-arranged for pick-up at the A Building.

Leaving Property for an Inmate

We will accept the following property for inmates:

  • One set of Court clothing, including dress shoes, for Superior Court only if there is a jury trial or if the inmate is going to be a witness, and for Federal Court appearances.
  • Court clothes must be approved by the Sergeant's Office
  • Prescription eye glasses
  • Any medical item ordered by the jail physician
  • Medical Coupons
  • Money (See Inmate Money Section)

All other items must be pre-approved by a shift sergeant. Outside prescription medication is accepted, but only for verification purposes. For example: Physicians name, type of medication, dosage, etc. The inmate will NOT be allowed to have or be given medication from an outside source.

Impounded vehicles

If an inmate's vehicle has been impounded, you need to call the arresting agency. Spokane County Detention Services does not have any information about impounded vehicles.

  • For a city arrest, call the city desk at (509) 625-4100.
  • For a county arrest, call the county desk at (509) 477-2240
  • For a Washington State Patrol arrest, call their office at (509) 456-4101
  • On weekends call, Spokane County & Spokane Valley City - (509) 477-6929 , Spokane City - (509) 477-5980