Spokane County WA Homepage
What is Spokane County's policy regarding "Children at Play" signs?
The "Children at Play" warning sign is not approved for use on public roads in the State of Washington. An informational sign "Children in Area, Please Drive Carefully" has been allowed for use on private property adjacent to County roads in Spokane County. It is the maximum size allowed by the Spokane County Zoning Code. The public right of way is typically 25 to 30 feet on each side of the road centerline. For sign requests or assistance determining the right of way width call 509-477-3600 or email request to our office.

Show All Answers

1. Can I get a stop sign installed to slow down traffic in my neighborhood?
2. When I see the red lights flashing on a school bus, when do I need to stop?
3. Why do some roads have painted stripes and others do not?
4. I was told if I flash my headlights while approaching a traffic signal it will change to a green light. Is this true?
5. I have a deaf/blind child, how do I get a deaf/blind warning sign for the road in front of my house?
6. When I drive through a 20 mph school zone, what does "When Children Are Present" mean?
7. How do I get a "School Bus Stop Ahead" sign?
8. How are speed limits established?
9. How can I get a speed limit raised/lowered?
10. What is Spokane County's policy regarding "Children at Play" signs?
11. I noticed what I believe is an unsafe area along a road that could use some guardrail, how is this requested?
12. I live on a private road, (typically with a "Lane" designation). Who maintains the signs?

Contact Us

  1. Spokane County
  2. 1116 W Broadway Avenue
  3. Spokane, WA  99260
  4. Contact Us
  1. Spokane County Washington
Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow