How do I get the personal effects back?
Clothing will go to the funeral home with the body. Other personal items such as jewelry, wallets, keys, etc. are logged separately, held in a secure area at our facility, and then released to the next-of-kin or to someone they designate.

Unclaimed property is transferred to the Spokane County Treasurer/Auditor on a regular basis per Washington State Law (see RCW 36.247.130). You may call our office and make arrangements to pick these items up.

Medications in the name of the deceased cannot be released.

Show All Answers

1. Can I say no to an autopsy?
2. How do I find out about organ and tissue donation?
3. How do I find the Medical Examiner's Office?
4. How do I get the personal effects back?
5. How do I obtain a copy of an autopsy report?
6. How do I obtain a Death Certificate?
7. How much will Medical Examiner services cost?
8. What do I do with the residence?
9. What happens during the autopsy?
10. What if I need more time to select a funeral home?
11. What if I want an autopsy, but the Medical Examiner doesn’t want to do one?
12. Where can I get help with clean up of a residence after a death?
13. Where will the body be taken?
14. Who are the people removing the body?
15. Why do an autopsy?
16. Will an autopsy effect funeral preparations?
17. Will an autopsy delay the funeral?