Spokane County WA Homepage
How do I get an address assigned to my property?

To obtain an address for your property, send us your nine-digit parcel number (found on your property tax statement), along with a site plan indicating the location and dimension of all property lines and all existing and proposed structures on the property.  Also, indicate the location of the driveway intersection with the county road.  Be sure to send us your mailing address and phone number or email so we can send you the new address or call you if we have any questions.  Our address is: Spokane County Department of Building and Planning; Attn: Addressing; 1026 West Broadway Avenue; Spokane, WA 99260-0050. View more information:


County Ordinance requires property addresses to be conspicuously displayed on a residence or place of business, or adjacent to the driveway or access road serving the building so that it readily identifies the specific property.

Numbers shall be a minimum of four inches in height with a stroke width of a half inch (1/2") and be displayed against a contrasting background.  Addresses for buildings more than 100 feet from the public way need to be placed on a sign or post between 3 and 6 feet above the ground and within 25 feet of the right-of-way.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a building permit?
2. What construction codes are in effect in the unincorporated areas of the County?
3. What design criteria do I use for designing a building?
4. How long is my permit good for?
5. What is the basic minimum snow load for Spokane County?
6. Do I need a permit for a fence?
7. Do I need a fence around my swimming pool?
8. Is there radon in Spokane County?
9. Do I have to mitigate my home for radon?
10. How do I apply for a manufactured home permit?
11. What is an egress window and when is it required?
12. What hours can construction noise take place?
13. How do I get an address assigned to my property?
14. Where do I get my electrical permit?
15. How high can a fence be?
16. How often can you amend the Comprehensive Plan?
17. What are my setbacks?
18. What are Critical Areas?
19. What requirements apply within critical Areas?
20. Where can I find information about minimum lot sizes in Spokane County?
21. What are Critical Areas?
22. What requirements apply within Critical Areas?
23. Where can I find information about minimum lot sizes in Spokane County?
24. What is Construction Stormwater Permit Coverage?
25. How do I obtain a Food Establishment permit?

Contact Us

  1. Spokane County
  2. 1116 W Broadway Avenue
  3. Spokane, WA  99260
  4. Contact Us
  1. Spokane County Washington
Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow