April 29, 2020 2:16 PM
Coronavirus Update 4.29.20 and Upcoming Course Reopening
April 29, 2020
Dear golf community,
We are delighted to welcome you back to Spokane County golf courses beginning May 5! We will begin taking tee times over the phone starting tomorrow, April 30, at 8 a.m. for play starting May 5.
Our focus remains on supporting the health and well-being of our customers, staff, partners, and the community. As one of the first industries to re-open, we take seriously the responsibility to provide an environment that aligns with the Governor’s requirements and recommendations for slowing the spread of COVID-19.
We have COVID-19-specific protocols that alter our operations, in alignment with Governor Inslee’s restart plan. These protocols were developed in partnership with Spokane City golf courses and follow recommendations from the CDC.
Golf Re-Opens Tuesday, May 5 with revised protocols:
Hangman Valley, Liberty Lake, and MeadowWood are opening under these revised protocols on Tuesday, May 5.
Here are a few operational changes you can anticipate, in place to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
• Tee times and payment: please call the course to book your tee time. (Online tee times are a bit complex amidst these new protocols, so tee times are only available via phone at this time. We will offer online tee times again in the future.) Cards will be accepted; no cash please. Plastic “sneeze guard” barriers will be placed at each terminal.
• Twosomes: Per the Governor’s order, twosomes have become the current standard as we reopen for play. Please call the golf course for “Family Play” times.
• All carts: one rider per cart, unless a minor is playing.
• Driving range and putting green: Usage is limited to within 30 minutes of the start of your tee time to avoid large numbers of people in these spaces. There will be 10 feet between driving range participants.
• Leave the stick: for the time being, we are leaving the flagstick in the green. This is a USGA-approved tactic to limit touch points.
• Cup liners: we’ll have cup liners in place to prevent people from reaching in to retrieve their ball.
• No rakes or garbage cans: we’re removing rakes and other frequently touched items under the Governor’s guidelines. If you pack it in, please pack it out.
• Increased cleaning: High-touched areas, restrooms, range balls, and carts cleaned frequently.
• Food and beverage: providing to-go orders only.
• Six foot rule: And of course, please keep at least 6’ between you and those outside your household.
Thank you for your role in supporting the health of our community.
When we re-open, we ask that participants please not attend golf facilities if you experience symptoms or have been in contact with someone experiencing symptoms; our staff will do the same.
• Visit the Spokane Regional Health District’s COVID-19 page for a full list of resources.
• Please follow the CDC’s guidelines on how to stop the spread of germs.
Book your tee time:
Please call the course to book your tee time for May 5 forward until further notice. Given the intricacies of scheduling protocols right now, tee times aren’t available online, only by phone.
Hangman Valley: (509) 448-1212
Liberty Lake: (509) 255-6233
MeadowWood: (509) 255-9539
Thank you for your patience while we all adapt to a new normal. It will take time and care from our entire golf community working together. Protocols may change based on new information or evolving best practices. We will continue to follow requirements and recommendations of the Spokane Regional Health District, Governor Inslee, and President Trump in collaboration with the Spokane Board of County Commissioners. The health of our community is number one, and we appreciate your support of Spokane County golf while following CDC guidelines.
We can’t wait to see you (at a distance) on the course!