Accidental Spill Reporting

In the case of an Accidental Spill or Slug Discharge in the sewer collection system, the industrial users shall immediately telephone to notify the incident: Spokane County Sewer Maintenance 509-477-1984, Spokane County Regional Water Reclamation Facility 509-536-3700 or after hours 509-979-4708.

Included in Notifications
The notification shall include the location of the discharge, date and time, type of waste, concentration and volume, and corrective actions taken by the industrial user.

Response for Spills
The Fire Department will be the lead agency response for spills outside of the sewer collection system and will evaluate the dangers of spills and the best methods for responding to spills. In the event of any release of toxic, hazardous materials or emergency, call 911.