- "Commission shelves coroner’s inquests for new ‘police fatality review process’"
Las Vegas Sun, January 7, 2013
- Report: "Collaborative Reform Process"
"A Review of Officer-Involved Shootings in Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
Community Oriented Policing Services, U.S. Department of Justice"
- Katherine D. Watson
"Forensic Medicine in Western Society: A History"
Taylor and Francis, 2011
- Denver Office of the Medical Examiner Annual Report 2011
- Jeffery M. Jentzen
"Death Investigation in America Coroners, Medical Examiners, and the Pursuit of Medical Certainty"
Harvard University Press, 2009
- Committee on Identifying the Needs of the Forensic Sciences Community,
National Research Council
"Strengthening Forensic Science in the United States: A Path Forward"
National Academies Press, 2009
- Stefan Timmermans
'How Medical Examiners Explain Suspicious Deaths'
The University of Chicago Press, 2006
- Ruth Richardson
"Death Dissection and the Destitute, 2nd Ed."
The University of Chicago Press, 2000
- Ian A. Burney
"Bodies of Evidence Medicine and the Politics of the English Inquest, 1830-1926"
The Johns Hopkins University Press, 2000
- Bernard Knight
"History of the Medieval English Coroner System"
Britannia.com, LLC, 1999
- Bernard Knight
"Simpson’s Forensic Medicine, 11th ED"
- Robert Wilkins
"Death A History of Man’s Obsessions and Fears"
Barnes and Noble Books, 1996
- Kenneth V. Iverson
"Death to Dust"
'What Happens to Dead Bodies?'
Galen Press, 1994
- Lester Adelson
"The Pathology of Homicide"
Charles C Thomas, 1974
- Werner U. Spitz and Russell S Fischer, Eds.
"Medicolegal Investigation of Death"
Charles C. Thomas, 1973
- R. B. H. Gradwohl
C.V. Mosby, 1954
- Thomas A. Gonzales, Morgan Vance, Milton Helprin, and Charles J. Umberger
"Legal Medicine Pathology and Toxicology"
- RCW 36.24.070 Verdict of the jury [RE: Coroner Inquest Jury - the law dates to 1854]
This document was prepared by John D. Howard, M.D. February 2013