Frequently Used Forms
Forms Used by Family, Attorneys & Insurance Companies
Insurance Autopsy & Records Release
The following information is for next of kin (as defined in RCW 68.50.105) who would like to authorize release of Autopsy and/or Postmortem records to an insurance company or attorney.
Spokane County Medical Examiner
5901 N Lidgerwood, Suite 24B
Spokane, WA 99208
Please note that the insurance company or attorney will be required to pay the associated fees prior to release of records.
Release of Specimens for DNA/Paternity Testing
The following authorizes release of specimens for the purposes of paternity or DNA testing, also included is an instruction form:
- Instructions for Request for Specimens for DNA Analysis (PDF)
- Authorization for Release of Specimens for DNA/Paternity Testing (PDF)
Healthcare Agency Forms & Policy
The following form is a death reporting tool that can be utilized by home health care, hospice, or skilled nursing facilities when there has been no injury or trauma within the last six months prior to death or an injury, or trauma did not contribute to death:
- Outside Agency Reporting Form (PDF)
- Policy for Home Healthcare, Hospice, or Nursing Facility Reporting of Death (PDF)
- NOTE - if injury or trauma have occurred within six months prior to the death, or the death is a result of injury or trauma, please contact 509-477-2296 and follow the prompts to speak with an investigator to report the death. Otherwise you may print out the form, fill it out, and fax back to the Spokane County Medical Examiner with 24 hours of the death at 509-477-6327.