Report a Concern

SCRAPS serves the unincorporated areas of Spokane County and the cities of Spokane, Spokane Valley, Airway Heights, Cheney, Deer Park, Fairfield, Medical Lake, Millwood, Liberty Lake and Rockford

Please note that each area may also be impacted by various laws:



To report an animal emergency within Spokane County, please call (509) 477-2533.

Animal emergencies include animal abuse, injured animals, animals trapped in hot cars, and aggressive animals at-large. 

To report a non-urgent, animal-related concern, please fill out this form: 👉 Non Emergency Form, and include your contact info incase we need additional information.

After all needed information is gathered, your concern will be assigned to one of SCRAPS' Animal Protection Officers. Due to an increase in reporting and staffing shortages, it may take up-to 2 weeks for a representative to respond to a request. 

Please let us know if your concerns persist. 

NOTE: We handle domestic animals only. If you concern involves wildlife, please use the following contacts:

  • To report wild animals on freeways, contact the Washington State Department of Transportation at (509) 324-6585.
  • To report injured wildlife or other wildlife-related emergencies, contact the Washington State Patrol at (509) 456-4101.
  • For questions about wildlife, contact the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife at (509) 892-1001.