Spokane County is dedicated to bettering the lives of our region’s most vulnerable Individuals.
The Spokane County Community Services Department's mission is dedicated to strengthening our communities and assisting our region's most vulnerable residents achieve and maintain healthier and more independent lives in a safe environment.
The Community Services Department strategically recommends and contracts for programs and services that focus on the following areas:
- Integration of mental health and substance use disorder services;
- Supporting criminal justice diversion services as alternatives to incarceration;
- Early intervention, prevention, and treatment;
- Reducing homelessness and hospitalization;
- Promoting employment and educational services; and
- Increasing affordable housing.
Please click on the below-listed links to view the Community Services Organizational Chart as well as a summary of the Community Services Department's funding, contracted services, and populations served.
The Spokane County SCRBH (ASO) Division's mission is to assist Individuals experiencing mental illness and/or substance use challenges achieve success in their recovery journey, through the provision of a high-quality and culturally responsive array of services dedicated to empowering Individuals and their families to achieve safer, healthier, and more independent lives. The Division ensures our range of care, resources, and services are person-driven, built on strengths and opportunities, and are available and accessible to Individuals and their families.
The CSD SCRBH offers services and resources that value:
- Safety and health;
- Culturally Appropriate Care, social justice, and sensitivity;
- Recognition that achieving wellness is a reality;
- The dignity of each Individual to determine their own path;
- Active partnerships with related services that also assist the Individual; and
- Promoting a purposeful, satisfying quality of life in one’s own community.
The CSD SCRBH's vision is to be a leader in transforming the delivery of high-quality behavioral health care through integrated services that are responsive to individual needs.
The CSD SCRBH is dedicated to a culture of continuous quality assessment and performance improvement. Standards and goals for the crisis system are aligned with the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
The CSD SCRBH is responsible for contracting and funding the following services for Individuals in Adams, Ferry, Lincoln, Pend Oreille, Spokane, and Stevens counties.
- Mental Health and substance use disorder crisis services and involuntary treatment evaluations for Individuals within the Spokane RSA;
- Involuntary detentions to psychiatric facilities or secure withdrawal management and stabilization services for non-Medicaid Individuals within the Spokane RSA;
- Treatment and monitoring of non-Medicaid Individuals within the Spokane RSA who have active Lesser Restrictive Alternative (LRA) court orders or Conditional Release orders; and
- Non-crisis behavioral health services for non-Medicaid Individuals in the Spokane RSA who are at or below the two hundred twenty percent (220%) Federal Poverty Level (FPL) utilizing General Fund State (GFS) or Federal Block Grants (FBG).
The Spokane County CSD CAReS Division's mission is to be a leader in the Spokane Region through assisting Individuals in achieving success in their recovery journey by enhancing their quality of life by means of comprehensive, intentional, person-centered behavioral health services.
The Spokane County Counseling and Recovery Services (CAReS) Division formed as a Behavioral Health Agency in January 2019 to meet the growing behavioral health needs in the Spokane County area. CAReS strives to provide an array of behavioral health treatment services, to adults who are 18 years of age or older, which include:
- Mental Health Assessments
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Case Management
- Comprehensive Community Support Services
- Supportive Housing
- Community Integration
- Peer Counseling
CAReS consists of four (4) programs designed to meet the varying needs of our community, which include: Therapeutic Services, The Supportive Living Program, Housing and Recovery Through Peer Services, and The Spokane County Diversion Program.
The Spokane County Development Disabilities Division’s mission is to support all Individuals with developmental disabilities to achieve and maintain meaningful and fulfilling lives within their communities.