- Your Government
- Departments A - I
- Building & Planning
- Helpful Links
- Spokane County C-PACER Program
Spokane County C-PACER Program
Are you ready to make your building more efficient and safer, and lower your operating costs?
Apply now for C-PACER financing!
Step 1: Talk to a PACE lender and consult with your legal and financial advisors to see if C-PACER is right for you.
Step 2: Work with your lender to complete an application.
Step 3: Submit your application materials with each document as a separate attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is C-PACER?
Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy + Resiliency (C-PACER) is an innovative financing mechanism to help commercial, industrial, agricultural, and multi-family buildings become more efficient and resilient.
C-PACER does not use any government funds, it is a loan agreement between a private lender and the property owner, like a mortgage or home improvement loan. The unique part about C-PACER financing is that the county records the loan as a lien on the property, which means that if the property owner sells the building, the assessment stays with the building (unless the payoff is part of the sale agreement).
Examples of projects that can be financed using C-PACER include:
- Energy and water efficiency
- Electrification improvement (eliminates fossil fuel combustion)
- Renewable energy
- Electric vehicle charging
- Seismic hardening
- Fire detection and suppression
- Flood readiness
- Stormwater management
- Energy storage
Benefits of C-PACER Financing
- Property owners can save money by lowering utility bills and energy costs
- Longer loan payback terms can make PACE-funded projects cash-positive sooner than traditional loans
- PACE loans rarely require cash up front, making them more accessible to property owners than other loans
- Lower interest rates on PACE financing makes loans more affordable
- Creates local jobs and spurs economic activity through the funding of new efficiency and resiliency projects