Yard/Food Waste

Food_Yard Waste

Yard and food waste are acceptable items at the Spokane County Transfer Stations and the Waste to Energy (WTE) Facility. See our Yard/Food Waste Guide for a detailed list of what will be accepted at the Spokane County Transfer Stations. Need to know where to take a specific food/yard waste item? Visit the Spokane Waste and Recycling Directory for more information on where you can take specific items. 

Do you have yard or food waste you would like to dispose of but don’t want to throw it in the garbage? You can reduce your garbage can size by recycling these items. Recycling yard and food waste can be done by: