Spokane County WA Solid Waste Homepage

Household Hazardous Waste


Household hazardous waste (HHW) includes household items that usually carry words like caution, warning, danger, corrosive, poison, flammable, combustible, and explosive. HHW can be dropped off free of charge at the Spokane County Regional Solid Waste Disposal sites. The North and Valley Transfer Stations will  only accept HHW on Saturdays and Sundays. The City of Spokane's Waste to Energy (WTE) Facility provides 7-day HHW drop-off; visit the City of Spokane's HHW Page for more information. 

Please view the Solid Waste Department HHW Guide for a more detailed list of acceptable HHW items at the Spokane County Transfer Stations. Need to know where to take a specific HHW item? Please call our Spokane County hotline at 509-477-6800 or visit the Spokane Waste and Recycling Directory for more information on where you can take specific items. 

Recent updates to the HHW program at the Spokane County transfer stations: 

  • There will be a 5 gallon limit for individual HHW material types per day (Example: 5 gallons of oil, and 5 gallons of antifreeze)
  • There will be a total limit of 15 gallons combined HHW material per day
  • No commercial material 
  • No unidentified material
  • No compromised or leaking containers
  • Personnel will no longer be pouring flammable material, which means you will not receive your container back

ACT Enviro offers a wide range of household hazardous waste disposal services for both residential and commercial. Visit their website and fill out the provided form to see how they can help you dispose of your Household Hazardous Waste.

Recommended disposal of Sharps/Medication in Spokane County:

For additional options regarding proper Sharps and medication disposal in Spokane County, see the disposal informational flyer or view the disposal information listed below:

HHW Flier Both Pages

  1. Spokane County WA Homepage

Contact Us

  1. Solid Waste 
    Public Works Building
    1026 W Broadway Avenue, 4th Floor
    Spokane, WA  99260
    Phone: 509-477-6800
    Contact Us

Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow