Spokane County Transfer Stations
Starting April 1st, 2021, the Spokane County transfer stations will be accepting paint at the recycling drop-off areas. The acceptable materials include latex paints, oil paints, stains, and coatings, and will be accepted 7 days a week at our recycling drop-off areas. No glues or tars are accepted. See more below and at this link PaintCare Inc. Washington - PaintCare Inc.
• Material accepted cannot be dried out (needs to be in liquid form).
• Material can be accepted in any quantity.
• Material will only be accepted in disposable containers (customers will not get their containers back).
• We cannot pour off or combine any material.
• Acceptable material will be taken 7 days per week.
• No tar or glue will be accepted.
• Program starts April 1st, 2021.
The Spokane County Regional Solid Waste System (SCRSWS) provides clean and convenient self-haul locations for your disposal needs. Most items are accepted as trash, which requires a disposal fee. SCRSWS provides 3 different self-haul disposal locations for trash, recycling, and Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) drop-off:
- The Spokane County North Transfer Station - 22123 N Elk-Chattaroy Road, Colbert, WA 99005
- The Spokane County Valley Transfer Station - 3941 N Sullivan Road, Spokane Valley, WA 99216
- The City of Spokane’s Waste to Energy (WTE) Facility - 2900 S Geiger Blvd, Spokane, WA 99208
Current hours, rates, and services for the North and Valley Transfer Stations:
Hours of Operation
Winter Hours (November 1 through March 31):
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Saturday - Sunday
Seasonal Hours (April 1 through October 31):
7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Saturday - Sunday
All facilities are closed on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas.
Current Rate (Fees)
Clean Green and Yard Waste Debris:
Trash disposal: Monday through Sunday
* Recycling drop-off: Monday through Sunday
HHW drop-off: Saturdays and Sundays only
* The Spokane County transfer stations are now requiring all recyclable items to be "source separated." For more information, visit our Recycling page.
For the City of Spokane's Waste to Energy facility's hours of operation, current rate(s) information, and accepted materials, please visit the City of Spokane’s Waste to Energy (WTE) Facility website.
For information on acceptable items at the Spokane County Transfer Stations, please visit our "Materials Accepted at Spokane County's Transfer Stations" page.
To apply for a commercial solid waste account, please fill out the Solid Waste Commercial Account Application (will not work with the Internet Explorer browser).