Spokane County Transfer Stations

Transfer Station_Cropped

The Spokane County Regional Solid Waste System (SCRSWS) provides clean and convenient self-haul locations for your disposal needs. Most items are accepted as trash, which requires a disposal fee. SCRSWS provides 3 different self-haul disposal locations for trash, recycling, and Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) drop-off: 

  1. The Spokane County North Transfer Station - 22123 N Elk-Chattaroy Road, Colbert, WA 99005 
  2. The Spokane County Valley Transfer Station - 3941 N Sullivan Road, Spokane Valley, WA 99216
  3. The City of Spokane’s Waste to Energy (WTE) Facility - 2900 S Geiger Blvd, Spokane, WA 99208

Current hours, rates, and services for the North and Valley Transfer Stations:

Hours of Operation

Winter Hours (November 1 through March 31):
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Saturday - Sunday

Seasonal Hours (April 1 through October 31): 

7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Saturday - Sunday

All facilities are closed on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas.

Current Rate (Fees)

Trash: A minimum charge of $17 for first 280 pounds or $110.00 per ton, plus a $2 Environmental Programs Charge (EPC) per vehicle.

Clean Green and Yard Waste Debris: A minimum charge of $10 for 300 pounds or $53.00 per ton, plus a $2 Environmental Programs Charge (EPC) per vehicle.

Services Offered

Trash disposal: Monday through Sunday

* Recycling drop-off: Monday through Sunday

HHW drop-off: Saturdays and Sundays only

* The Spokane County transfer stations are now requiring all recyclable items to be "source separated." For more information, visit our Recycling page.

For the City of Spokane's Waste to Energy facility's hours of operation, current rate(s) information, and accepted materials, please visit the City of Spokane’s Waste to Energy (WTE) Facility website.

For information on acceptable items at the Spokane County Transfer Stations, please visit our "Materials Accepted at Spokane County's Transfer Stations" page.

Commercial Accounts

Download and fill out this document to apply for a commercial solid waste account.