Spokane County Transfer Stations
- Spokane County North and Valley Transfer Stations, as well at the Waste to Energy Facility are offering free tree damage disposal to residents starting January 15 and running through January 30.
- The temporary free service is only for storm damaged trees and tree limbs; not grass clippings, leaf piles, root balls, or building debris.
- Trees and branches should be cut so they are not longer than six feet.
- This free disposal is offered to residents only. Commercial or business customers will be charged for disposal.
- Hours are Monday-Friday 7:30am to 4:00pm, Saturday and Sunday (Weekends) 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Some downed trees have power lines tangled in their branches – DO NOT ASSUME THE LINE IS DEAD! DO NOT TOUCH OR DRIVE OVER DOWNED POWER LINES! Please call your power company.
- Please wear masks and be prepared to wait. Because of the pandemic, the number of customers allowed on the tipping floor is limited. Everyone’s patience is greatly appreciated.
The Spokane County Regional Solid Waste System (SCRSWS) provides clean and convenient self-haul locations for your disposal needs. Most items are accepted as trash, which requires a disposal fee. SCRSWS provides 3 different self-haul disposal locations for trash, recycling, and Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) drop-off:
- The Spokane County North Transfer Station - 22123 N Elk-Chattaroy Road, Colbert, WA 99005
- The Spokane County Valley Transfer Station - 3941 N Sullivan Road, Spokane Valley, WA 99216
- The City of Spokane’s Waste to Energy (WTE) Facility - 2900 S Geiger Blvd, Spokane, WA 99208
Current hours, rates, and services for the North and Valley Transfer Stations:
Hours of Operation
Winter Hours (November 1 through March 31):
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Saturday - Sunday
Seasonal Hours (April 1 through October 31):
7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Saturday - Sunday
All facilities are closed on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas.
Current Rate (Fees)
Trash: A minimum charge of $17 for first 280 pounds or $110.00 per ton, plus a $2 Environmental Programs Charge (EPC) per vehicle.
Clean Green and Yard Waste Debris: A minimum charge of $10 for 300 pounds or $53.00 per ton, plus a $2 Environmental Programs Charge (EPC) per vehicle.
Trash disposal: Monday through Sunday
* Recycling drop-off: Monday through Sunday
HHW drop-off: Saturdays and Sundays only
* The Spokane County transfer stations are now requiring all recyclable items to be "source separated." For more information, visit our Recycling page.
For the City of Spokane's Waste to Energy facility's hours of operation, current rate(s) information, and accepted materials, please visit the City of Spokane’s Waste to Energy (WTE) Facility website.
For information on acceptable items at the Spokane County Transfer Stations, please visit our "Materials Accepted at Spokane County's Transfer Stations" page.
Download and fill out this document to apply for a commercial solid waste account.