- Your Government
- Departments J - Z
- Solid Waste
- Disposal & Transfer Stations
Disposal & Transfer Stations
BEGINNING January 1, 2023 NEW RATES (GATE FEES) AT THE NORTH & VALLEY TRANSFER STATIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Garbage per ton: $114.00
- Garbage minimum fee (first 280 lbs.): $17.00*
- Clean Green per ton: $55.00
- Clean Green minimum fee (first 300 lbs.): $10.00*
- Credit/Debit and eCheck payment charges will increase from 2.75% to 3.15%
*-Includes $2.00 Environmental Programs Charge
The Spokane County Regional Solid Waste System (SCRSWS) provides clean and convenient self-haul locations for your disposal needs. Most items are accepted as trash, which requires a disposal fee. SCRSWS provides 3 different self-haul disposal locations for trash, recycling, and Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) drop-off:
- The Spokane County North Transfer Station - 22123 N Elk-Chattaroy Road, Colbert, WA 99005
- The Spokane County Valley Transfer Station - 3941 N Sullivan Road, Spokane Valley, WA 99216
- The City of Spokane’s Waste to Energy (WTE) Facility - 2900 S Geiger Blvd, Spokane, WA 99208 (For City of Spokane hours, follow link)
|Current hours, rates, and services for the North and Valley Transfer Stations:|
Hours of Operation
Winter Hours (November 1 through March 31):
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Saturday - Sunday
Seasonal Hours (April 1 through October 31):
7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Saturday - Sunday
All facilities are closed on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas.
Current Rate (Fees)
Clean Green and Yard Waste Debris:
Trash disposal: Monday through Sunday. Visit our "Trash" page for more information.
* Recycling drop-off: Monday through Sunday. Visit our "Recycling" page for more information.
HHW drop-off: Saturdays and Sundays only.
For more information, visit our HHW page. Clean Harbors offers a Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generators (CESQG) drop-off location for commercial hazardous waste or residential hazardous wastes over the accepted limits (by appointment), Saturdays & Sundays only. Fees apply. Call 509-535-3847 to schedule a CESQG appointment.
* The Spokane County transfer stations are now requiring all recyclable items to be "source separated." For more information, visit our Recycling page.
Have a complaint about your curbside hauler? The Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission (UTC) regulates the rates and services for garbage/recycling haulers. To send an official complaint to the UTC, please send an email to email@example.com. For more information, please visit the Washington UTC website.
E-Cigarettes and Vaping Devices:
Improper disposal of E-cigarettes, including rechargeable batteries and the cartridges and bottles that contain e-liquids, may lead to unintentional exposure, accidental nicotine poisoning, and negative environmental impacts. Learn more about the proper management and disposal of this type of waste.
To apply for a commercial solid waste account, please fill out the Solid Waste Commercial Account Application (will not work with the Internet Explorer browser).