Inmate Property

Download the Booking, Bonds, Courts & Property brochure

Picking Up Property at the Downtown Facility:

Before an inmate can release personal property, they must get approval through the inmate request system. Once approval has been granted, inmate property can be picked up. In order to pick up property, you must be the person specified by the inmate, and you must have photo identification.

Property can be picked up at the cashier window located in the lobby of the Spokane County Jail. The cashier window is closed from 12 noon to 1:10 p.m. each day and from 5 - 7 p.m. Once you get to the jail to pick up property, you will need to wait for staff to retrieve the property. If you do not have the time to wait, please come back at a time that is more convenient for you.

Picking up Out-of-Custody Property:

To pick up property for inmates who have been released or transferred out of our custody.  You will need to sign-up by 3 p.m. the day prior to property pick up by filling out this form

Pick up hours are:
Tue -Thurs and Sat-Sun 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
*Out of custody property will not be released on Monday's or Friday's.


Picking Up Property at Geiger Corrections Center:

You may pick up property that has been prearranged for pick-up at the A Building.

Leaving Property for an Inmate

We will accept the following property for inmates:

  • Any medical item ordered by the jail physician
  • Medical Coupons
  • Money
  • One set of Court clothing, including dress shoes, for Superior Court only if there is a jury trial or if the inmate is going to be a witness, and for Federal Court appearances. Court clothes must be approved by the Sergeant's Office.
  • Prescription eye glasses

All other items must be pre-approved by a shift sergeant. Outside prescription medication is accepted, but only for verification purposes. For example physicians name, type of medication, dosage, etc. The inmate will not be allowed to have or be given medication from an outside source.

Impounded Vehicles

If an inmate's vehicle has been impounded, you need to call the arresting agency. Spokane County Detention Services does not have any information about impounded vehicles.
  • For a city arrest, call the city desk at 509-625-4100.
  • For a County arrest, call the county desk at 509-477-2240.
  • For a Washington State Patrol arrest, call their office at 509-456-4101
  • On weekends call, Spokane County and Spokane Valley City at 509-477-6929, or the City of Spokane at 509-477-5980.