- Your Government
- Departments A - I
- Courts & Law
- District Court
- Traffic Ticket/Infraction Cases
- Attitudinal Dynamics of Driving Class (Adult DDC)
Attitudinal Dynamics of Driving Class (Adult DDC)
Attitudinal Dynamics of Driving
6-hour Adult class
Attitudinal Dynamics of Driving is recommended for drivers age 25 and older with multiple traffic violations and those with poor driving behaviors who need a catalyst for positive change. The course is designed for court referrals and drivers who exhibit continuing patterns of risky and overly aggressive driving behaviors.
Course objectives include being able to:
Identify driving behaviors that led to traffic violations or collisions
Acknowledge problems and costs that result from current driving behaviors
Recognize the part that choice plays in how drivers behave behind the wheel
Develop a personal action plan to change current driving behaviors
Identify techniques for handling situations that lead to unsafe driving decisions
What participants will learn
Participants are provided with the knowledge, skills and techniques to improve their driving-related choices, and thereby decrease future traffic violations and avoid collisions. They discuss the citations that brought them to class, test their knowledge of core traffic rules, and learn that it is up to them whether they drive poorly or properly and the consequences of their choices—financial, legal, injuries and death.
HOW TO REGISTER
1) Respond to the Court within 30 days of receiving your ticket by registering for the class, or asking for a court date.
2) Some tickets require the prosecutor’s approval to take the class; you are encouraged to call the court to see if this applies to your ticket. If so, you will have to appear in court and request to take the class.
3) Bring your ticket, photo ID, and $150.00 to pay for the class to either of the registration sites (see below for locations and hours). Cash, money order, or cashier’s check are accepted at both sites. Also, at the Public Safety Building, you can now use a debit or credit card to pay, but a 3.5% vendor’s convenience fee will be added to the total. You must pay at time of registration, and the registration fee is non-refundable.
4) You will be given a registration form with the date, time, and location of the class. Bring this form and your photo ID with you on the day of the class. [PLEASE NOTE - These classes will not be held in person, this class will be conducted Via ZOOM until further notice.]
If you have No-Insurance Charge
¨ You must bring proof of insurance when you register and pay an additional fee of $25.
¨ If you did not have insurance when you received the ticket, you must obtain insurance before you will be allowed to register, and also pay the $25 fee.
¨ The infraction(s) may be dismissed after you complete the Attitudinal Dynamics of Driving class.
Please note: Taking the class and getting the charge dismissed off your record is allowed only one time.
Registration Locations and Times:
District Court Probation Office
2nd Floor, Public Safety Building
1100 W. Mallon Ave.
8:30 A.M. to 11:45 A.M. and 1:00 P.M. to 4:45 P.M
Spokane County District Court at Spokane Valley
12710 E. Sprague Ave.
Spokane Valley, Washington
8:00 A.M. to 4:45 P.M.