Civil Protection Orders

Anti-Harassment, Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Stalking, Vulnerable Adult, Extreme Risk, Joel's / Ricky's Law and Under 18 Anti-Harassment

Seeking a Protection Order?

If any one of the following is true you MUST file in Superior Court:

  • You reside/live with the Respondent (person you want an order against)
  • You have children together
  • You are seeking protection on behalf of a minor
  • You are a minor OR seeking an order against a minor
  • You are married to the Respondent and filing a divorce or have filed a divorce
  • You and the Respondent have a pending case in Superior Court
  • You are seeking an order for a vulnerable adult

If none of the above apply, file in District Court

Printable Information Sheet

Types of Protection Orders

  1. Anti-Harassment
  2. Domestic Violence
  3. Sexual Assault
  4. Stalking
  5. Vulnerable Adult
  6. District Court

If you did not have a relationship with this person (Example: neighbors, co-workers or friends) or you have a relationship that doesn't qualify for Domestic Violence AND the person is continuously harassing, annoying or is seriously alarming you. 

Please contact District Court for filing if you did not have a relationship with this person. 

Other Types of Orders

No-Contact Orders 

Are requested by the State in criminal proceedings. The documents to file a Request for Rescission or Modification of No-Contact Order can be found here or in person at the Superior Courthouse.

New Washington Forms Online - Washington Law Help/DVPO Forms:  



Intimate Partners Assistance

930 N. Monroe, Spokane, WA

(509) 477-3656

M-Th 8:30-5 & Fri 8:30-3pm

Closed 12-1pm

LCS Northwest Advocates

by appointment only

(509) 747-8224

M-Th 8-5 & Fri 8:30-3pm