- Your Government
- Departments A - I
- Detention Services
- Jail Information
- Community Corrections Programs
- Evidence-Based Treatment & Education Opportunities
Evidence-Based Treatment & Education Opportunities
Pioneer Human Services - Substance Use Disorder Treatment, (SUDS):
Geiger Community Corrections will start a small SUD's treatment group effective 4/5/2021. This will be limited to five participants.
Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT)
MRT is an open-ended class started at Geiger in May of 2011, and is currently a part of Geiger's Intensive Outpatient Program. Designed to reduce recidivism by confronting underlying behaviors and attitudes, evaluating how behaviors have negatively impacted one’s self and others, and identifying steps to achieve life goals. Curriculum empowers participants to take responsibility for their actions and the consequences of those actions, and making choices designed to achieve desired outcomes.
* Due to COVID, the following programs have been suspended until further notice. *
Alcoholics Anonymous and Celebrate Recovery
Geiger Corrections offers Alcoholics Anonymous support groups, in which In-custody males and females attend separately on Saturdays. Facilitated by volunteers of AA. Alcoholics Anonymous began at Geiger in April 2012.
Celebrate Recovery is a 12-step program is tailored to meet the needs of program inmates. This program offers hope-infused support. It frames the Bible as "forward-looking," emphasizing personal responsibility and spiritual commitment. Celebrate Recovery's basic tenant demonstrates how we need each other to grow spiritually and emotionally. This program addresses a wide variety of problems and addictions.
GED Classes & Testing
Offered since 2006 at Geiger. Rebecca Butterfield has been instructing and testing Geiger inmates since 2007. Since the GED program’s inception at Geiger, a passing rate of over 90% has been attained, more than 2100 individual tests passed, and 325 GED certificates earned.
Re-Entry Program - Breaking Barriers
This 5-week cognitive thinking course includes:
- Creative Conflict Resolution, Personal Finance - This 17-session training series gives students the opportunity to examine their principals and make changes to their thinking patterns to more constructively serve their life goals.
- Employment Search, Comprehensive Career Assessment and Guide - This 17-session training series gives students the opportunity to examine their principals and make changes to their thinking patterns to more constructively serve their life goals.
- Creative Conflict Resolution - features a series of exercises teaching non-violent solutions to conflict through the use of affirmation, cooperation and creative conflict management.
Life skills classes:
- Anger Management - 2 hrs. Twice weekly
- Parenting - 2 hrs. Twice weekly.
- Resume workshop - 2 hrs. Once a week.