Spokane County Regional Behavioral Health
The CSHCD SCRBH Scope
Spokane County Community Services, Housing, and Community Development Department (CSHCD), the Spokane County Regional Behavioral Health (Administrative Services Organization) (SCRBH) is a public behavioral health administrator for crisis services, including involuntary treatment act evaluations, for all regional residents. The SCRBH is also an administrator for all behavioral health services for non-Medicaid individuals on Less Restrictive Alternative Court Orders or Conditional Release, and non-crisis behavioral health services for individuals who are not Medicaid eligible and at or below the 200% Federal Poverty Level (FPL) in the Spokane Regional Service Area (RSA). The RSA constitutes 6 counties in northeast Washington State, including Spokane, Stevens, Ferry, Lincoln, Adams, and Pend Oreille counties. The CSHCD SCRBH is governed by the Spokane County Board of Commissioners (BoCC) with an inter-local agreement established in conjunction with northeast county commissioners.
The CSHCD SCRBH is dedicated to strengthening our communities and helping our region's most vulnerable residents achieve and maintain healthier and more independent lives in a safe environment.
THE CSHCD SCRBH Mission Statement
It is the mission of the CSHCD SCRBH to help those seeking to recover from mental illness and/or substance use disorder (SUD) live safer, healthier, and more independent lives. We ensure that our range of care, resources, and services are person-driven, built on strengths and opportunities, and are available and accessible to individuals and their families. The CSHCD SCRBH offers services and resources that value:
- Safety and health
- Cultural diversity, social justice and sensitivity
- Belief that achieving wellness is a reality
- The dignity of each individual to determine their own path
- Active partnerships with related services that also assist the individual
- Promoting a purposeful, satisfying quality of life in one's own community
The CSHCD SCRBH Vision Statement
The CSHCD SCRBH's vision is to be a leader in transforming the delivery of high-quality behavioral health care through integrated services that are responsive to individual needs.
The CSHCD SCRBH is dedicated to a culture of continuous quality assessment and performance improvement. Standards and goals for the crisis system are aligned with the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
The CSHCD SCRBH is responsible for contracting and funding the following services for individuals in Adams, Ferry, Lincoln, Pend Oreille, Spokane, and Stevens counties.
- Mental Health and substance use disorder crisis services and involuntary treatment evaluations for individuals within the Spokane RSA;
- Involuntary detentions to psychiatric facilities or secure withdrawal management and stabilization services for non-Medicaid individuals within the Spokane RSA;
- Treatment and monitoring of non-Medicaid individuals within the Spokane RSA who have active Lesser Restrictive Alternative (LRA) court orders or Conditional Release orders; and
- Non-crisis behavioral health services for non-Medicaid individuals in the Spokane RSA who are at or below the 220% Federal Poverty Level (FPL) utilizing General Fund State (GFS) or Federal Block Grants (FBG).