The Witness Unit was established by the Spokane County Prosecuting Attorney's Office to assist victims and witnesses through the criminal justice process. The Spokane County Prosecuting Attorney recognizes that recovering from crime takes time and that victims and witnesses deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. Many witnesses have never been involved in the criminal justice process and do not know what to expect. We are here to help!
- Familiarize witnesses with courtrooms prior to trials and hearings.
- Provide a safe location for witnesses to wait prior to testifying or attending hearings.
- Contact employers to explain or verify a witness' involvement in a case.
- Attend hearings or trial with a witness.
- Notify witnesses of the final outcome of a case.
- Act as a liaison between witnesses and the prosecutor.
Please take a few moments to explore this site to find the answer to many of your questions and to be immediately linked to resources that can help you.