Bigelow Gulch 2006 Environmental Assessment
2006 Revised Environmental Assessment
January 2006 - The Environmental Assessment (EA) and Appendices are available to the public for download in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. Individuals sections of the EA and Appendices can be downloaded through the links listed below. For more information on public locations where the documents can be viewed or to request a copy on CD, please visit Notice of Availability.
- Public Hearing Notice
- Open House Meetings
- Open House Maps and Displays
Please note - the following sections can be downloaded directly from the following links or can be saved to your computer by right-mouse clicking and selecting "Save Target As..."
Environmental Assessment (individual chapters)
- Cover and Table of Contents(2.67MB)
- Chapter 1 - What is the Urban Connector Alignment?(1.76MB)
- Chapter 2 - What is the purpose of the Urban Connector and why do we need it?(36.0MB)
- Chapter 3 - What are the alternatives to the Urban Connector?(5.67MB)
- Chapter 4 - How will the Urban Connector affect the natural and built environment?(11.4MB)
- Chapter 5 - How will the Urban Connector Use Section 4(f) resources?(12.2MB)
- Chapter 6 - References(24MB)
- Appendices (individual sections)
- Appendices - Cover and Table of Contents(1.28MB)
- Appendix A - Biological Assessment(3.14MB)
- Appendix B - Roadway(184KB)
- Appendix C - Air Quality(816KB)
- Appendix D - Noise(3.48MB)
- Appendix E - Cultural Resources(43.9MB)
- Appendix F - Coordination Documents(416KB)
- Appendix G - Hazardous Materials(37.4MB)
- Appendix H - Environmental Commitments(36KB)
Spokane County proposes to widen and improve part of Bigelow Gulch Road to make it safer, accommodate more traffic, and allow freight to move through the area more easily.
The proposed action is the expansion of the existing Bigelow Gulch Road in Spokane County, Washington. The corridor improvement, with three optional routes on the western segment, focuses on the Bigelow Gulch Road right-of-way (ROW) and is referred to as the "Urban Connector Alignment"
The Urban Connector Alignment project would straighten and widen the existing Bigelow Gulch and Forker Roads to meet the objectives of improved safety, reduced congestion, and support of state and regional freight mobility initiatives.