Tours & Open House Events
Understanding the "Hirst" Decision
May 19, 2017, 4-5:30pm
- give people a more thorough understanding of what led up to the "Hirst" decision, including some understanding of the evolving interpretations of Washington State water rights law
- the role of watershed planning and hydrogeology studies of the basin
- help people understand why Spokane County has been proactively planning to implement a water bank
- explain how a water bank works
- provide, if available, a legislative update
SAME DAY TOURS!
Arrive early or stay after the meeting and join a tour of the Spokane County Water Reclamation Facility. Tours will begin at 3pm and immediately following the meeting.
Visit the Spokane County Building and Planning page for permit application and other information.
TOURS by Appointment
Gather 10 friends and family and arrange for a personal tour! Come learn how the Spokane County Water Reclamation Facility turns wastewater into three (3) valuable resources!
Join us inside the Water Resource Center (WRC) for a live-narrated video and discussion about the water reclamation process and the facility's impact on river and drinking water quality. Then we move outdoors for the exterior walking tour (pending weather).
The entire tour is approximately 90 minutes - half is inside the WRC and sitting; half is outside on flat, wheelchair accessible pavement.
To schedule a group tour, contact Toni at [email protected] or call 509.477.7577.
Location: 1004 N Freya St (just SE of the Trent and Freya intersection) MapIMPORTANT:
-- All tours of the reclamation facility require closed-toe shoes. Dress appropriately for the weather for the exterior walking portion of the tour. Walking tour is on a flat paved surface
Adjacent to the Spokane County Regional Water Reclamation Facility (SCRWRF), is the Water Resource Center, a regional educational facility with interactive displays related to area aquifer and river knowledge, water reclamation and many other water resource issues.
A visit to the WRC is a separate event from a reclamation facility tour but can be combined. See Visit the Water Resource Center for more information.
Open House, Family Day and Public Tour Events
These are announced opportunities to visit when you can be assured of access to the WRC and, weather-permitting, a walking tour of the reclamation facility.
Community/Civic Tours: Contact us to arrange a time for a guided visit (groups of 10 or more) with enhanced activities.
Open House & Family Day Events typically include the following in addition to reclamation facility tours:
- Aquifer Demonstration - Learn the aquifer components and how it "works."
- EnviroScape Model - Learn about non-point source pollution.
- Stream Table - Get wet while learning about stream bank erosion and healthy habitat.
- Spokane Waste Directory - Learn once and for all how to dispose of various hazardous wastes at the Spokane Waste Directory Website.
- Video "Virtual" Tour of the Wastewater Process - Learn how the Spokane County Water Reclamation Facility works!