Online Candidate Filing
Online filing is currently closed.
- Becoming A Candidate Information
Online Candidate Filing is available 24 hours a day from Monday, May 17th, 2021 at 9 a.m. through Friday, May 21st, 2021 at 4 p.m. for offices open for election in 2021. Your name will appear on Spokane County Elections’ website as a candidate for the office in which you filed once your Declaration of Candidacy has been received and validated.
To file online, the following is required:
- You must be a registered voter in the district for which you are filing. Check your voter registration.
- You must have a valid email address.
- If there is a filing fee, you may pay with a credit card when filing online - Visa, MasterCard, or American Express are accepted.
- Your Declaration of Candidacy will not be validated until your filing fee has been paid. All filing fees are non-refundable (RCW 29A.24.131).
Spokane County in-person, mail, and online filing closes Friday, May 21st, 2021 at 4 p.m.
Knowingly providing false information on a Declaration of Candidacy is a class C felony as provided by RCW 29A.84.311.
Additional information on running for office is available on the Becoming A Candidate page.
Visit the Washington Secretary of State website for Candidate Filing Frequently Asked Questions.
For further assistance you may contact Spokane County Elections at (509) 477-2320.
Candidate Online Voters’ Guide Statements & Photos
The Spokane County Elections will be providing an Online Voters’ Guide for the Primary and General Elections. After your Declaration of Candidacy has been validated, you will receive a separate email notification describing how to submit your candidate statement and photograph.
Alternative to Filing Fee - Filing Fee Petition
Persons lacking sufficient funds to pay the filing fee and choosing to submit a Filing Fee Petition (PDF) must file in person during filing week with:
Spokane County Elections
1033 W Gardner Avenue
Spokane, WA 99260