- Your Government
- Departments A - I
- Candidates & Campaigns
- Online Candidate Filing
Online Candidate Filing
Online filing is currently closed.
- Offices Open for Election
- Becoming A Candidate Information
- Candidates Who Have Filed
Online Candidate Filing is available 24 hours a day from Monday, May 15, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. through Friday, May 19, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. for offices open for election in 2023. Your name will appear on Spokane County Elections’ website as a candidate for the office in which you filed once your Declaration of Candidacy has been received and validated.
To file online, the following is required:
- You must be a registered voter in the district for which you are filing. Check your voter registration.
- You must have a valid email address.
- If there is a filing fee, you may pay with a credit card when filing online - Visa, MasterCard, or American Express are accepted.
- Your Declaration of Candidacy will not be validated until your filing fee has been paid. All filing fees are non-refundable (RCW 29A.24.131).
Spokane County in-person, mail, and online filing closes Friday, May 19, 2023 at 4 p.m.
Knowingly providing false information on a Declaration of Candidacy is a class C felony as provided by RCW 29A.84.311.
Additional information on running for office is available on the Becoming A Candidate page.
Visit the Washington Secretary of State website for Candidate Filing Frequently Asked Questions.
For further assistance you may contact Spokane County Elections at (509) 477-2320.
Candidate Online Voters’ Guide Statements & Photos
After your Declaration of Candidacy has been validated, you will receive a separate email notification describing how to submit your candidate statement and photograph for the voters' guide. PCO candidates are not eligible to submit candidate statements or photographs and do not appear in the Local Voters’ Pamphlet.
Alternative to Filing Fee - Filing Fee Petition
Persons lacking sufficient funds to pay the filing fee and choosing to submit a Filing Fee Petition (PDF) must file in person during filing week with:
Spokane County Elections
1033 W Gardner Avenue
Spokane, WA 99260