Applying for a Job
Please read each job posting closely, as there are different application instructions/processes for some positions.
The documents you will need to submit with every Spokane County Civil Service application include:
• Copy of valid driver's license (front side only; MUST be uploaded with your application)
• Copy of DD-214, Member Form 4 (if applicable; MUST be uploaded with your application; See RCW 41.04.010 as to how Veteran's Preference is applied)
• Copy of Permanent Resident Card AKA "Green Card" (if applicable; front side only; MUST be uploaded with your application)
• Official transcripts from the school of your highest level of education or transcripts showing proof of your degree. All transcripts must be official copies; they cannot be uploaded with your application.
Accepted methods for transcript submission:
1. If your school distributes official electronic transcripts, have the registrar email the official transcripts directly to: Lschwebs@spokanecounty.org. Electronic transcripts will only be accepted if sent directly by the school.
2. Mail or hand-deliver sealed, official paper copies to: Spokane County Civil Service, 6011 N Chase Rd, Newman Lake, WA 99025. If you have already submitted official transcripts to Civil Service, please do not resubmit. Do make sure to verify Civil Service has your transcripts on file.
NOTE: Other documents may be required for specific positions. All required documents will be listed on the job posting. Applications received without the required documents will be considered incomplete and will not be permitted to continue in the hiring process.
Job Interest Card
If you don't see a job you are interested in, you may fill out a job interest card for notification when a position of interest is open for application. The job opportunity notice will give test date and closing date for filing application.
Applicant Contact Information
Be sure to keep your contact information up to date, including your email address, phone number, and mailing address, as changes are made. If you cannot be contacted due to failure to update contact information in your profile, your name will be removed from the eligibility list.