Employees of the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office hold positions of high public trust. It is imperative all employees conduct themselves both on and off-duty in such a manner that does not bring disrepute on this office, or the professional image of law enforcement.
These essential functions are based upon universal management rights and expectation of all employees to:
1. Be available for work when scheduled and on a regular and predictable basis.
2. Be aware of and comply with lawful organizational directives i.e., rules, regulations, policies, procedures and practices.
3. Be mentally and physically prepared for work.
4. Adjust to change in a professional and respectful manner.
5. Respond in a professional manner to management’s directives.
6. Use work time to be productive.
7. Strive to maintain a harmonious work relationship with other personnel, agencies, and community partners.
Please see the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office Policy 1000 to review automatic disqualifiers: https://www.spokanecounty.org/DocumentCenter/View/6336/Spokane_County_SO_Policy_Manual
Sheriff's Office Core Values
o Training, Education, & Innovation
o Competence, Confidence
o Commitment & Professionalism
o Public Trust
Cause for Removal
Employees may be removed with or without personal fault. Reductions in work force, the employee’s inability to perform competently in any of the essential functions, duties or responsibilities, grossly substandard work performance, error, and work productivity may be reasons for termination with or without fault. Intentional acts or inactions contrary to the Mission, Code of Ethics, Oath of Office, agency rules, policies, procedures and practices may be reasons for termination with fault.
Note to Deputy Sheriff Applicants
The Deputy Sheriff job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions, major duties/responsibilities, requisite job knowledge and abilities, work conditions and requirements of the position. Employees holding this position may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description. Any essential function or requirement of this class will be evaluated as necessary should an employee be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations for the specific disability will be made for the employee when possible.