Move or Transfer a Mobile Home
Transfer of Ownership of a Mobile Home, Manufactured Home
If a mobile home is sold or transferred to another party but not required to move from its current location, then a Mobile Home Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavit (PDF) must be completed. Excise tax may be due in order to transfer the title to the new owner. This form can be downloaded from the above link or obtained from the Spokane County Treasurer’s Office and must be signed by both buyer and seller. For further information about what is required to complete the mobile home real estate excise affidavit please call 509-477-4713.
If a mobile home is sold or transferred to another party and is required to move from its current location then sales tax may be due in order to transfer the title. Sales tax is collected by the Department of Licensing / Auditors. Please call 509-477-2222 for further details and requirements. The DOL will require proof of taxes paid from the County Treasurer. A Moving (Tax Certificate) Permit is required as your proof of taxes paid. See requirements below.
Moving (Tax Certificate) Permit Requirements
Moving (Tax Certificate) Permits to relocate a mobile home are issued by the Spokane County Treasurer’s Office.
Information required to obtain a Moving (Tax Certificate) Permit is as follows:
- Current owner’s name and address
- New owner (if applicable) name and address
- Name of the moving company (please check with our office to see if the moving company information is on file)
- Assessor parcel number of the mobile home
- Assessor parcel number where mobile home is moving from
- Assessor parcel number where mobile home is moving to
- The mobile home or manufactured home title or copy of the title or a title application/registration form is required. A moving permit will not be issued without one of these documents
- Please bring all information, listed above, to the Spokane County Treasurer's Office to complete the application. This must be done in person due to signature requirements
All real estate taxes for the mobile home must be paid in full.
If the mobile home is moving out of County, but within the state, then the next year’s taxes must be paid as well.
For questions please call 509-477-4713.