Spokane County receives document recording fees (primarily through the recording of mortgages) for Homeless Housing. These fees, commonly referred to as 2163, 1359, 2331, and/or 2048 funds, are collected for homeless housing purposes as documents are recorded. Approximately 40% of these funds are forwarded to the state. The remaining 60% is retained for local use in the county.
The funds are designated to assist low-income persons only – those earning less than 50% of the Area Median Income.