Civil Protection Orders

Staff Name
Phone Email
  Court Clerk
Directory/more info...


Petitions will be accepted by online filing and in person during Ex Parte Monday-Friday 1:15 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. (Broadway Centre Building 721 N. Jefferson Spokane, WA 99260 CR202)

To help us reduce the amount of people in the court room, please try to have petitions filled out ahead of time. Thank you.


Please visit our website, Orders to download and fill out the correct petition electronically.

Once fully completed, please email the petition to:

After you have emailed your petition, a staff member will contact you within one business day regarding the Judge’s decision. Please be watching your email.

If you have any questions, please email: 
Or call: (509)-477-2953

Civil Protection Orders
  • Anti-Harassment Protection Order Petitions [Must pay $73 filing fee at 509-477-4770, option 8, OR submit fee waiver motion form at the time of submission.]
  •  Domestic Violence Protection Order Petitions
  • Sexual Assault Protection Order Petitions
  • Stalking Protection Order Petitions

Ex parte petitions for temporary protection orders are heard at the following location:
Broadway Center Building
721 N. Jefferson
2nd floor, Courtroom 202
Monday to Friday 1:15 PM to 3:15 PM
Broadway Center Building
For Questions Related to Civil Protection Orders -
You May Contact the Civil Protection Order Clerk at: (509) 477- 2953
The Civil Protection Order Clerk CANNOT Provide Any Legal Advice.

Click here for Guidelines for filing documents for protection orders

Protection Order Petitions can be obtained here:
Public Safety Building
1100 W. Mallon Ave.
Windows 7 - 9

Permanent Order Hearings held at:
Building with large glass windows, with a sign reading, "Spokane County-City Public Safety Buildi
Public Safety Building
1100 W Mallon Ave.
Second Floor, Courtroom 4
  1. Anti- Harassment
  2. Domestic Violence
  3. Sexual Assault
  4. Stalking

    • Are for parties that do not have a domestic relationship.
      • Note: They have never resided together.
    • Neighbors.
    • Co-workers.
    • Not related by blood or marriage.
    • Parents may file on behalf of minor children if the Respondent is 18 years or older.
    • If the Respondent is under 18 years of age, the petition for protection must be filed in Superior Court.