Welcome to Spokane County District Court
Proudly serving Spokane County and the cities of Deer Park, Fairfield, Latah, Liberty Lake, Millwood, Rockford, Spangle and Spokane Valley.
The mission of Spokane County District Court is to serve our citizens through the prompt, courteous, and fair dispensation of justice by adjudicating cases in a timely manner using effective and efficient case management techniques, adhering to the highest standards, monitoring enforcement of judgments, and being responsible stewards of public funds.
Spokane County District Court is a court of limited jurisdiction with over 50,000 cases, on average, filed annually.
A Guide to Spokane County District Court
District Court Case and Name Search Application
Spokane County District Court processes the following case types:
Traffic and Non-Traffic Infractions
A violation of law not punishable by imprisonment. Speeding, fail to yield, no insurance, expired vehicle license, defective equipment, and parking in a disabled parking zone are examples of infractions.
Criminal and Criminal-Traffic Misdemeanors and Gross Misdemeanors
Criminal misdemeanor cases carry a maximum penalty of up to 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine. Criminal gross misdemeanor cases carry a maximum penalty of up to 364 days in jail and a $5,000 fine.
Civil/Small Claims/Adult Name Changes
- General civil actions with damage claims in the maximum amount of $100,000. The court does not hear cases involving title to, or possession of, real property
- Small claims actions with monetary claims in the maximum amount of $5,000. The small claims court may ONLY grant judgment for monetary damages. The court may not order the other party to return property or perform any action other than the payment of money.
- Name Change Petitions
Mental Health Therapeutic Court Proceedings
The Mental Health Therapeutic Court (MHTC) represents an effort to increase effective cooperation between two systems that have traditionally not worked closely together - the mental health treatment system and the criminal justice system.
Civil Protection Orders
- Anti-Harassment Protection Order Petitions
- Domestic Violence Protection Order Petitions
- Sexual Assault Protection Order Petitions
- Stalking Protection Order Petitions
Civil Protection Order Clerk contact information:
Telephone: (509) 477-2953