- Your Government
- Departments J - Z
- Veteran Services
- Education & Employment
- GI Bill Comparison Tool
- VA Education
- Choose your Education Pathway
- Choose Your Education Benefits
- Accredited Online Schools & Colleges
- OnlineColleges.Net: Our database provides information on the Servicemen’s Readjustment Act or the G.I. Bill, where you can learn which programs they can enter. Now, all our veterans have the opportunity to pursue a degree in the program of their choice and is no longer limited to those that are only offered in their area.
Become a Spokane County Regional Veteran's Services Work Study!
You are eligible if you're training in a college degree, vocational, or professional program at least 3/4 time. You can receive a work study allowance (in addition to your education benefits) based on the number of hours of work you perform. The hourly rate at which you will be paid is the greater of either the Federal Minimum Wage or the State in which you are working. Normally a Veteran can work up to 25 hours a week and submit for pay every 50 hours. Your VA Work Study contract will dictate the amount of hours allotted for the quarter or semester.
To apply....complete VBA form 22-8691; a Spokane County Application; Attach a resume and a copy of the Veterans DD 214; and finally a copy of the current and future college schedule. Call the office and leave your contact information with the front desk. The Operations Manager will give you a call back in order to discuss an informational interview. You will submit your packet for review at this time, and then hopefully get an invite to a hiring interview.
- Spokane County employers have positions open for immediate consideration. View Current Openings.
- Please Call Our Office and Ask to Speak to the Employment Support Specialist for Additional Information 509-477-3690
* Advanced Employment Readiness Workshops
* Transition Services for Current Military Service Members
* Interviewing Prep & Resume Writing Assistance
* Job Search Assistance