The Auditor’s Office has been appointed by the Governor’s Office as an agent of the
Washington State Department of Licensing.
This responsibility encompasses:
- Sale of motor vehicle and vessel licenses
- Collection of license fees
- Transfer of vehicles and vessels from one owner to another
- Title changes to add or delete a legal owner other than the registered owner
- Collection of load fees on trucks
- Other transactions involving motor vehicles and vessels
The Auditor is also an agent for the Department of Revenue and collects sales taxes on transfers of such vehicles made between individuals.
Vehicle Tab Renewals & Registration
For your convenience, you may be able to renew your vehicle and vessel tabs online using your credit or debit card.
Many frequently asked questions about vehicle registrations are available on the Washington State Department of Licensing website.
Click Here for the Washington State Department of Licensing website.
Due to a new state law, the County Auditor's Office now collects the same total fee as the Subagent offices. The fee change applies to all methods of payment, including walk-in, internet and mail. The new fee is collected at only the County office and funds the construction or purchase of state ferry vessels.