Links may be made from the Spokane County website to external websites that meet the following criteria:
- Are maintained by a non-profit charitable, educational, hospital, scientific, human services, or cultural organization serving the Spokane County area or providing information relevant to the functions and services provided by the County.
- Exist for the purpose of providing information about public special events in or impacting the Spokane County area or for the purpose of promoting the area in a positive manner.
- Are maintained by a licensed, established news-gathering organization that has operated successfully for a minimum of one year as either: a printed newspaper with a regular circulation of no less than 3,000 and published at not less than monthly intervals within Spokane County; or a television station whose broadcast signal covers more than fifty-percent of the county's geographic area, and which provides a regular schedule of daily local news coverage and maintains a national network affiliation; or a radio station whose broadcast signal covers at least one-fourth of the county's geographic area and provides a regular daily schedule of local news coverage excluding news-talk programs or program segments.
- Are maintained by a state, local or federal government agency, judicial branch entity or local school or library board.
- Are maintained by an organization that receives direct financial support from the County.
- Provide an online tool to help users access information on the site, communicate with each other, or access official information, such as maps, regarding Spokane County.
- Provide search engines for the Spokane County website
- Are maintained by authorized vendors providing services for this website.
- Are maintained by for-profit businesses sponsoring a County event (i.e., Spokane Interstate Fair).
- Are recognized Political Parties under RCW 29A.04.086 and .097 of which at least one nominee for President of United States, United States Senator, or a statewide office was on the ballot in the last general election held in an even-numbered year.