Emancipation of Minors

RCW 13.64.010. Declaration of Emancipation

Any minor who is 16 years of age or older and who is a resident of this state may petition the superior court for a declaration of emancipation.

In Spokane County, you may obtain a packet of procedures and forms from the Juvenile Court receptionist - Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or Juvenile Court - Forms

The Juvenile Court receptionist is located at:
Juvenile Court Services Building
1208 W Mallon Avenue
Spokane WA 99201
Phone: 509-477-4742

If you have questions regarding emancipation please contact the Social Files at 509-477-2461.

Please review our Filing Fee Schedule for the filing fee pertaining to emancipation . A petition to waive the filing fee may be presented to the court to waive the fee or a portion of the fee.