Attorney for Legal Work

Do I need an attorney to do my legal work?
It is not required to obtain an attorney to file legal documents. However, if you should choose to proceed pro se (represent yourself) you will be held to the same standards by the court as an attorney. Most family law forms are available for sale at the Spokane County Bar Association office or are available online at the Spokane County Superior Court website or at the Washington State Court website.

Family Court Facilitator

The Family Court Facilitator program was established in Spokane County to provide assistance to citizens who choose to or who cannot afford an attorney to represent them in matters dealing with divorce (dissolution), custody, child support, paternity or non-parental (3rd party/grandparent) custody matters.

Return to FAQs.