Citizens with access and functional needs are faced with additional challenges when it comes to preparedness because potentially, there are many more things to think about when you are faced with a crisis.
Depending on your needs, it is very important that you take the following into consideration:
- Will I have enough supplies to get me through a power outage?
- Do I have backup power for the supplies that I use? (i.e. oxygen)
- If I have to leave my home (whether it's a house, apartment, etc.), how will I get there?
- If there is too much snow to leave my home, do I have someone I can call to help me?
- Are your neighbors aware of your needs and will they be able to assist you if necessary? If you haven't already, it is important to try and get to know a few of your neighbors so if there is an emergency, you know who to contact and they know how to contact you.
offers some great resources for those with diverse needs.