Special Events & Reservations

COVID-19 Update: Reservations are no longer being accepted for 2020 Season. For questions, please call (509) 477-2188.

Alcohol and Minimum Insurance Requirements

1. Do I need insurance?
For special events such as runs, races, car shows or other elevated liability event, insurance is required. If alcohol is a planned part of your event (e.g. you are hosting a wedding reception and will be providing beer and wine to guests), insurance is required. If alcohol is not a planned part of your event (e.g. Uncle Joe might bring a six pack to the family reunion), insurance is not required.

Insurance is required for all Camp Caro Lodge rentals.

2. How do I satisfy the insurance requirement?
See Spokane County minimum insurance requirements below. Insurance can be obtained through purchasing a special event insurance policy (Tip: Google Search "Special Event Insurance Policy") or by utilizing your homeowner's insurance policy (approved on a case-by-case basis by Risk Management). Typical standalone insurance policies can cost on average $175-250. Once obtained, you will send insurance documents (e.g. Certificate of Insurance) to jteichmer@spokanecounty.org.

3. Questions? Contact Spokane County's Risk Management at 509-477-6104 or at the email address listed above.

Prices, Insurance, and Additional Information

Additional Permits / Event Info

Additional permits may be necessary when planning your event. If your event:
  • Includes alcohol, you may need a banquet permit from the WA Liquor and Cannabis Board.
  • Uses or impacts public streets or public right-of-ways, contact Spokane County Public Works: Angela Roth at 509-477-7151.
  • Includes serving food or beverage to the public, contact: Spokane Regional Health District
  • Will take place on the soccer field portion of Plante's Ferry Sports Stadium (aka "Sports Complex"), contact: Spokane Valley Junior Soccer Association
  • Uses the Centennial Trail,  contact Lara Gricar, Special Events Coordinator with Washington State Parks at (509) 465-5066.
  • Needs solid waste disposal, free recycling and food waste disposal, contact Spokane County Solid Waste Event Services by clicking here.

Looking For Another Venue?

  • Washington State Parks - (509) 465-5066
  • City of Spokane Parks & Recreation - (509) 363-5455
  • City of Spokane Valley Parks & Recreation (509) 688-0300
  • City of Liberty Lake (509) 755-6700
  • City of Medical Lake (509) 565-5007
  • City of Cheney (509) 498-9250