COVID-19 Update: Spokane County is currently not accepting shelter reservations or special event requests due to COVID-19 safety restrictions, and the exact start date for accepting reservations is undetermined. In the interim, completing the Special Event Permit Application on our website places your contact information on a distribution list which ensures you will be among the first to receive notice when the opening date for reservations has been determined. Staff will continue to carefully monitor COVID guidelines and Spokane County’s Phase of Reopening status so that we can begin accepting reservations as soon as possible.
When is a Special Event Permit is Required?Examples of when a Special Event Permit may be required for your event:
- Number of people planned for an event exceeds the park’s capacity and impacts typical public use of it
- Events requiring exclusive use of the park, area or facility
- Events requiring services or facilities not normally available to the general public
- Using a park or facility (or a portion thereof) in a way not typically allowed (e.g. boy scout archery range or car show on park lawn)
- Events outside of summer park season (October 1st – April 30th) that require the event organizer to provide services for the event that are typically provided by County Parks during the summer season (e.g. restrooms)
Alcohol and Minimum Insurance Requirements
*Insurance is required for all Camp Caro Lodge rentals.
See Spokane County minimum insurance requirements below. Insurance can be obtained through purchasing a special event insurance policy (Tip: Google Search "Special Event Insurance Policy") or by utilizing your homeowner's insurance policy (approved on a case-by-case basis by Risk Management). Typical standalone insurance policies can cost on average $175-250. Once obtained, you will send insurance documents (e.g. Certificate of Insurance) to
Additional Permits / Event Info
Additional permits may be necessary when planning your event. If your event:
- Includes alcohol, you may need a banquet permit from the WA Liquor and Cannabis Board.
- Uses or impacts public streets or public right-of-ways, contact Spokane County Public Works: Angela Roth at 509-477-7151.
- Will take place on the soccer field portion of Plante's Ferry Sports Stadium (aka "Sports Complex"), contact: Spokane Valley Junior Soccer Association
- Uses the Centennial Trail, contact Lara Gricar, Special Events Coordinator with Washington State Parks at (509) 465-5066.
- Needs solid waste disposal, free recycling and food waste disposal, contact Spokane County Solid Waste Event Services by clicking here.
Looking For Another Venue?
- Washington State Parks - (509) 465-5066
- City of Spokane Parks & Recreation - (509) 363-5455
- City of Spokane Valley Parks & Recreation (509) 688-0300
- City of Liberty Lake (509) 755-6700
- City of Medical Lake (509) 565-5007
- City of Cheney (509) 498-9250