Park Services Season
Spring 2019 Update for Spokane County Community & Regional Parks
Spring will be here before you know it! That means that we're gearing up for another great park season. While we can have beautiful warm days in the spring, your parks may still be "winterized." That means that restrooms are closed, water is shut off, picnic tables have been removed, and no trash service is available. Please see below for details on 2019 Park Service Levels!
2019 Park Level of Service in Detail
Unless otherwise specified, county parks will be open "for access" on April 15th and remain open through October 15th. Services will be provided May 1 through September 30th as follows:
- Garbage collection and disposal will be provided.
- Restroom cleaning will occur 1 - 3 times per week.
- Lawn Care (Fertilizer Application and Aeration) will be limited.
- Staff will continue to respond to reports of vandalism, but response times may increase.
- Miscellaneous inspections of equipment and facilities such as fences, signs, backstops, drinking fountains, play equipment, benches, tables, and garbage cans will occur 1-3 times per week.
- Tree maintenance and shrub care will be limited.
- Parking lots will be swept and graded not less that once a year.
- Weed trimming will be limited.
- Irrigation of lawn areas will be provided.
- Visits to inspect and adjust sprinklers, time clocks, address dry spots, and complete minor irrigation repairs will occur 1-3 times per week.
- Noxious weed control will be completed as mandated by law within the Department’s capabilities.
- Electricity will be activated, however, tripped breakers may not be reset for days.
Exceptions / Deviations:
Parks facilities may not all provide the amenities or services listed above. Please explore the Spokane County Parks website for more detail on individual facilities and associated services and amenities provided. Services may be greater than listed above when resources allow.