Civil Division

The Civil Division cannot offer legal advice.


Phone: (509) 477-4772


Temporary Hours

8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
(Closed from noon to 1 p.m.)

CLOSED Weekends and Holidays

About the Civil Division

The Civil Division of the Sheriff’s Office serves legal documents throughout Spokane County, enforces orders by the directive of the courts, performs evictions, and holds sales of real and personal property.

The Spokane County Sheriff’s Office serves protection orders for the Unincorporated areas of Spokane County and the City of Spokane Valley.

City Police agencies are responsible for serving protection orders to individuals living within their city limits. For service of protection orders within the city limits of Spokane, Liberty Lake, Airway Heights, Cheney and EWU, please contact the applicable agency:

  • Spokane Police Department - 509-625- 4100
  • Liberty Lake PD - 509-755-1140
  • Airway Heights PD - 509-244-3707
  • Cheney PD - 509-498-9235
  • EWU - 509-359-6054


Washington Law Help

Northwest Justice Project