- Your Government
- Departments A - I
- Housing & Community Development
- HCD Advisory Committee
HCD Advisory Committee
The Housing and Community Development Advisory Committee (HCDAC) serves as an advisory committee to the Housing and Community Development Division, and through the division, to the Board of County Commissioners.
The purpose of the committee is to provide citizen representatives of Spokane County with the opportunity to participate in, comment on, and review all funding proposals.
- The 2nd Thursday of the month.
- In order to increase access and provide an in-person option for our members, we wanted to announce that we will be providing a hybrid meeting venue for the upcoming Housing and Community Development Advisory Committee Meeting, scheduled on Thursday, February 9, 2023. The virtual Zoom option that you have been familiar with over the last two (2) years will continue to be made available, however, for those interested in participating in-person we will be hosting a physical meeting space at our new office in Spokane Valley.
- For those who desire to continue engaging virtually, we have provided the link and meeting information below. For those wanting to attend in person, we ask that you notify us in advance so we can note how many Individuals to expect who will need building access and meeting document copies. In-person attendance is not required, this is only being made available as another option for meeting attendees and members of the public. Attached for your review is the meeting agenda and other documents.
- In-Person Directions and Building Access: The department’s new office is located at 9317 E. Sinto Avenue, Suite 110, in Spokane Valley which is south from off the Argonne exit. Two (2) Google maps have been provided showing detailed directions coming from either the East or West. Parking is located on the East side of the building. Upon arrival at the building, please park near and proceed through the door with Spokane County signage at the east entrance where CSHCD staff will assist with directing you to the meeting room. If you have any challenges accessing the building or need other meeting assistance, please contact Andrea at (509) 477-4519.
Topic: Housing and Community Development Advisory Committee Public Hearing
Time: April 13, 2023, 04:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89198386794?pwd=OFZKSitSL0VKRWU4ZG1oSGtDMVdyZz09
Meeting ID: 891 9838 6794
Dial by your location
+1 253 205 0468 US
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval. View Agendas and Minutes.
|Area Represented||Advisory Committee Member Name|
|City of Airway Heights||Vacant|
|City of Cheney||Vacant|
|City of Deer Park||Dee Cragun|
|Town of Fairfield||Cheryl Loeffler|
|Town of Latah||Yvonne Warren|
|City of Liberty Lake||Ralph Williams|
|City of Medical Lake||Chad Pritchard|
|Town of Millwood||Vacant|
|Town of Rockford||Vacant|
|Town of Spangle||Clyde Sample|
|City of Spokane Valley||Eric Robison|
|City of Spokane Valley||Tom Hormel|
|City of Spokane Valley||Amanda Tainio|
|City of Spokane Valley||Arne Woodard|
|Town of Waverly||Vacant|
|At-Large (North)||Tom Richardson|
|At-Large (North)||Rusty Barnett|
|At-Large (South)||Mason Burley|
|At-Large (South)||Adrienne Kilbourne|
Purpose & Responsibilities
The purpose of the committee is to provide citizen representatives of Spokane County with the opportunity to participate in, comment on, and review all funding proposals for the Housing and Community Development Division. HCDAC is made up of 17 citizen representatives from throughout Spokane County. Each of the twelve participating cities and towns in the Urban County Consortium is represented on the Committee by a local resident, mayor, councilperson, or employee. The remaining "at large" positions are made up of citizens from the remaining unincorporated areas of the County.
Incorporated area representatives are nominated by their local elected official (Mayor) and receive formal approval and appointment through the Spokane County Board of Commissioners (BoCC). Unincorporated area representatives are regularly recruited through the Commissioner's office as positions become open.
In making Committee appointments, the County Commissioners give special consideration to geographic representation, professional skills, community interest, and representation of the low and moderate-income target populations, including:
- Disabled Person
- Single Heads of Household
- Unemployed Persons
The Housing and Community Development Advisory Committee (HCDAC) serves as an advisory committee to the Community Services, Housing, and Community Development Department, and through the Department, to the Board of County Commissioners.
All meetings are open and accessible to the public, however public comment is only accepted during "Public Hearing" dates. Comment is allowed only by invitation during regularly scheduled "public meetings". Special meetings of the HCDAC may also be convened by:
- The request of the Committee Chair
- Written request of a majority of the Committee
- Board of County Commissioners Action
- The request of the Department Director
- City of Airway Heights
- City of Cheney
- City of Millwood
- Town of Rockford
- Town of Waverly
Mayoral representatives serve at the discretion of the appointing Mayor from each of Spokane County’s cities and towns for a term not to exceed three years. Eligible applicants must reside within the city/town limits of the represented area.
Citizen Representatives Appointments (At-Large)
Consideration will be made for equal geographic distribution of individuals representing the low and moderate-income target population, including:
- Single Head of Household
Eligible applicants must reside in the unincorporated area of Spokane County. Eligible applicants must reside in the unincorporated area of Spokane County.
To view HCDAC Bylaws Click Here
If you would like copies of previous HCDAC agendas and minutes, please contact Andrea Perry at 509-477-4519.
For an application, please contact Ginna Vasquez at the Spokane County Commissioners’ office at 509-477-2268.
Persons interested in being considered for appointment are to submit their application to: Spokane County Commissioners’ Office.
1116 W. Broadway Avenue
Spokane, WA, 99260