- Your Government
- Departments A - I
- Community Service, Housing & Community Development
- Developmental Disabilities
About Our Division
Our website is currently under construction and some pages are incomplete at this time. Thank you for your patience as we work to finalize uploading all content.
To Support Each Person with a Developmental Disability to Achieve and Maintain a Full and Participating Life in Their Community
Spokane County Community Services, Housing, and Community Development Department (CSHCD) Developmental Disabilities Division works in partnership with the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), Region 1, Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) to administer a range of specific programs by subcontracting with local agencies to provide support and services, birth through life, to people with developmental disabilities and their families. Spokane County's Developmental Disabilities Division provides:
- Child development services for children ages birth to three years old with developmental delays or disabilities;
- School To Work program services to students with developmental disabilities, in their last eligible year of high school.
- Adult services to assist adults with developmental disabilities find and maintain employment and live full participating and contributing lives within the community.
- Community education and information services designed to increase public awareness and build community capacity for including people with developmental disabilities.
View the Family Guide
View the Participant Guide
View DDA Guiding Values
Terminology and Acronyms
People sometimes get comfortable using industry specific terminology and forget that not everyone know the meaning of some commonly used acronyms. Below is a link to a comprehensive list of acronyms used in developmental disabilities, mental health, substance abuse, and housing programs and services. Always ask for clarification if someone is using a term that is unfamiliar. Acronym and Terminology List
Hire Ability Spokane
Hire Ability Spokane is an effort to inform the community businesses about the employment solutions available through a diverse, untapped workforce - individuals with developmental disabilities.
Click on the following link to be taken to the Hire Ability Spokane website. www.hireabilityspokane.org
Brian Nichols, Program Manager
Developmental Disabilities Division
E-mail: [email protected]
Spokane County Community Services, Housing, and Community Development Department
312 West 8th Avenue
Spokane, WA 99204
Phone: (509) 477-2029
Relay Service of Washington: (800) 833-6384
Fax: (509) 477-6827