- Your Government
- Departments A - I
- Community Service, Housing & Community Development
- Developmental Disabilities
About Our Division
To Support Each Person with a Developmental Disability to Achieve and Maintain a Full and Participating Life in Their Community
Spokane County Community Services, Housing, and Community Development Department (CSHCD) Developmental Disabilities Division works in partnership with the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), Region 1, Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) to administer a range of specific programs by subcontracting with local agencies to provide support and services, birth through life, to people with developmental disabilities and their families. Spokane County's Developmental Disabilities Division provides:
- Child development services for children ages birth to three years old with developmental delays or disabilities;
- School To Work program services to students with developmental disabilities, in their last eligible year of high school.
- Adult services to assist adults with developmental disabilities find and maintain employment and live full participating and contributing lives within the community.
- Community education and information services designed to increase public awareness and build community capacity for including people with developmental disabilities.
View the Family Guide
View the Participant Guide
View County Guide to Achieve DDA Guiding Values
Hire Ability Spokane
Hire Ability Spokane is an effort to inform the community businesses about the employment solutions available through a diverse, untapped workforce - individuals with developmental disabilities.
Click on the following link to be taken to the Hire Ability Spokane website. www.hireabilityspokane.org
Brian Nichols, Program Manager
Developmental Disabilities Division
Spokane County Community Services, Housing, and Community Development Department
312 West 8th Avenue
Spokane, WA 99204
Phone: (509) 477-2029
Relay Service of Washington: (800) 833-6384
Fax: (509) 477-6827