- 3 p.m.
- Meets Quarterly
- McKinstry SIERR Building, Roundhouse 1&2 Conference Room
850 E. Spokane Falls Boulevard
Spokane, WA 99202
- Members: 9 members:
- The Governor shall appoint 3 members
- The Board of County Commissioners shall appoint three members
- The Mayor of the largest city within the boundaries of the Authority shall appoint 3 members
- Up to 5 additional members may be appointed by the Board
- Term: 4 years from the date of appointment after the inaugural one, 2 or 3 year terms.
HSSA Board Members are required to have experience with the mission of the Authority.
The health sciences and services was established by the Washington legislature to promote bioscience-based economic development in Spokane County, and to advance new therapies and procedures to combat disease and to promote public health.
The HSSA invests funds to create and support a nationally competitive health sciences research cluster in Spokane County, catalyzing connections between higher education and health care that lead to high wage jobs, long-term sustainability, and economic diversification. HSSA funds the very best projects that is a competitive, well-monitored and accountable grant competition process.
Meets quarterly for approximately two hours and may hold an annual planning retreat. Committees on the Board may meet separately when required.
Spokane County Code/WAC and RCW References