Noxious Weed Board Members
The Spokane County Noxious Weed Control Board consists of five volunteer members who represent different geographical sections of Spokane County (Map of Board Member Districts). They are appointed by the Spokane County Commissioners and serve four year terms.
The responsibilities of the Noxious Weed Board include:
- Establishing policies and procedures in accordance with RCW 17.10 and WAC 16-751
- Annually adopt the Spokane County Noxious Weed List
- Conduct Board Meetings throughout the year (refer to meeting schedule below)
- Represent the people and interests of the district from which they are appointed
- Propose an annual budget for the continued operations of the Noxious Weed Control Board Program
- Conduct hearings with landowners regarding the enforcement of noxious weeds
- Submit to the Board of County Commissioners a proposed level of assessment
Spokane County Noxious Weed Control Board Members:
Dan Conley District 1 - All of north Spokane County, including: Deer Park, Chattaroy, Nine Mile Falls and Mead
Paul Puhek, Chair District 2 - The Foothills area, City of Spokane Valley, Valleyford and east to the Idaho State Line
Vacant District 3 - Southeast Spokane County, including the towns of Fairfield, Waverly and Spangle
Chip Magnuson District 4 - The entire southwest portion of Spokane County, including Cheney and Tyler
Paul Gross District 5 - Northwest portion, including Medical Lake, Airway Heights, north to Stevens County
Pat Munts Ex-Officio - Represents WSU/Spokane County Extension
2021 Board Meeting Schedule
All meetings are open to the public. Please give us a call at 509-477-5777 to confirm the meeting date, time and location and for information on how to participate.
- February 24th at 1:30 p.m.
- May 19th at 6:30 p.m.
- July 14th at 6:30 p.m.
- September 15th at 6:30 p.m. Cancelled due to lack of quorum
- October 13th at 6:30 p.m.
- December 8th at 1:30 p.m.