Noxious Weed Board Members
The Spokane County Noxious Weed Control Board consists of five volunteer members who represent different geographical sections of Spokane County (Map of Board Member Districts). They are appointed by the Spokane County Commissioners and serve four year terms.
The responsibilities of the Noxious Weed Board include:
- Establishing policies and procedures in accordance with RCW 17.10 and WAC 16-751
- Annually adopt the Spokane County Noxious Weed List
- Conduct Board Meetings throughout the year (refer to meeting schedule below)
- Represent the people and interests of the district from which they are appointed
- Propose an annual budget for the continued operations of the Noxious Weed Control Board Program
- Conduct hearings with landowners regarding the enforcement of noxious weeds
- Submit to the Board of County Commissioners a proposed level of assessment
Spokane County Noxious Weed Control Board Members:
Brian Ewart District 1 - All of north Spokane County, including: Deer Park, Chattaroy, Nine Mile Falls and Mead
Paul Puhek, Chair District 2 - The Foothills area, City of Spokane Valley, Valleyford and east to the Idaho State Line
Joseph Coombs District 3 - Southeast Spokane County, including the towns of Fairfield, Waverly and Spangle
Chip Magnuson District 4 - The entire southwest portion of Spokane County, including Cheney and Tyler
Paul Gross District 5 - Northwest portion, including Medical Lake, Airway Heights, north to Stevens County
Pat Munts Ex-Officio - Represents WSU/Spokane County Extension
2020 Board Meeting Schedule
Due to social distancing guidelines, the Spokane County Noxious Weed Control Board meetings will be done by TELECONFERENCE. All meetings are open to the public. Please give us a call at 509-477-5777 to confirm the meeting date and time and for information on how to participate.
- February 19th:
Policy and Weed List Public Hearing: NEW TIME 5:30 p.m.
Regular Board Meeting will immediately follow Hearing
- May 20th at 6:30 p.m. AGENDA
- June 17th at 6:30 p.m.
- July 15th at 6:30 p.m.
- September 16th at 6:30 p.m.
- October 21st at 6:30 p.m.
- December 9th at 1:30 p.m.