The library staff cannot assist customers with the following requests which apply to the practice of law:
- Give legal advice or opinions
- Answer your legal question
- Explain legal procedure, court rules, or interpret the text of statute, legal opinion, and/or administrative regulation
- Assist in filling out your court forms
- Refer an attorney
Assistance is based on first-come first-serve which may require a wait.
Telephone reference is limited to directional. Library staff can direct you to online resources and agencies but will not dictate text from publications over the phone.
Library materials cannot be checked-out to the general public.
The legal community and local government with a circulation account may check-out selected law library materials. Please contact the library staff for further questions regarding circulation.
There are two computer terminals with subscription databases that are free to the public.
Direct access-a password is not needed.
- WestlawNext Patron Access which includes KeyCite - Covers all 50 states and federal, cases including statutes.
- LexisNexis publishers which includes Shepards
- The subscription databases are not available remotely and must be accessed in person.
- The contract with West Publishers does not permit downloading their site contents.
- There is a 15 minute time limit when someone is waiting.
- The computers are for legal research only and not for checking mail and other activities.
Photocopiers & Printers
The library has one black and white photocopier that is not coin operated. The charge for photocopies is 25 cents per page. There is one shared computer terminal printer that is also 25 cents per page.
Legal community and local government may apply for a photocopy account. For further questions contact the library staff.
- Microfiche prints are 25 cents per page.
- The Law Library has the Federal Register available in microfiche.