Spokane County WA Homepage
Crime Check

CALL: 24 hours a day/7 days a week

Crime Check is a service provided by Spokane Regional Emergency Communications for non-emergency calls. Crime Check will process reports for some local law enforcement agencies as determined by those agencies.

Please refer to the information below for tips when calling and how to determine whether to call Crime Check at (509)-456-2233 or 9-1-1.

Tips for Calling

  • Stay calm.
  • Know your location.
  • Know your telephone number.
  • Answer the Call Receivers questions and stay on the line until the Call Receiver is finished obtaining the necessary information.
  • If you are unsure if it is an emergency, dial 9-1-1 and let the Call Receiver decide what action is necessary.
  • Do not call 9-1-1 for information. Refer to your phone book or call your phone provider for directory assistance.

When to call 911?

  • If you are the victim of a crime that is in progress or has just occurred.
  • If you are witnessing a crime that is in progress or has just occurred.
  • If you are the victim of a crime and the suspect is still in the area.
  • If you need an immediate police response to a crime.
  • If you need to report a fire.
  • If there is a medical emergency.
  • If you need the Fire Department for a rescue or if you are trapped.

When to TEXT 911?

  • If you need to report an emergency and don’t feel safe to call 911. 
  • If you are the victim of a crime and are unable to call 911 because the suspect is still nearby. 
  • If you are hearing or speech impaired and do not have a TTY. 
  • If you need law enforcement or medical assistance and are unable to safely call 911.

When to call Crime Check?

  • To file a report over the phone for a crime that is no longer occurring.
  • If you witnessed a crime that previously occurred.
  • If you have information about a past crime.
  • To add information on a previous crime report.
  • If you are the victim of a crime that is not in progress.
  • To report a crime after the fact which does not require an officer/deputy at the scene.
  1. Spokane County WA Homepage

Contact Us

  1. Spokane County

  2. 1116 W Broadway Avenue

  3. Spokane, WA 99260

  4. Contact Us

Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow