Spokane County WA Public Works Homepage

Traffic Control Plan

Submittal Process

To submit a Traffic Control Plan (TCP) for review to Spokane County, please fill out the following form along with a TCP drawing and email it to PublicWorksPermits@spokanecounty.org.

A useful resource for TCP submittals and the application of traffic control devices is WSDOT Traffic Operations Resources

TCP Notes

  1. All TCP's submitted must conform to the Manual on Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) and the Washington State Modifications to the MUTCD; see the link above for these resources.
  2. Before a TCP will be reviewed, a permit to work in the Spokane County right of way must be issued. Please call 477-3600 for more information about the permit.
  3. When using flaggers on a project that will last more than one day, a site specific TCP (ref. WAC 296-155-305) will have to be submitted. Typical WSDOT or MUTCD applications can be attached to the site specific TCP.
  4. If a road is proposed to be closed as part of the TCP for more than 12 hours a 3 day advanced public notice is required. Additionally, all road closures require notice by the party submitting the TCP to; Fire Dispatch, Fire district(s), School District(s) (when in session) American Medical Response and Sheriff Dispatch.
  1. Spokane County WA Homepage

Contact Us

  1. Spokane County

  2. 1116 W Broadway Avenue

  3. Spokane, WA 99260

  4. Contact Us

Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow