Courthouse Logo
Department header image
Utilities Industrial Pretreatment Program
1026 West Broadway Ave
Public Works Bldg. 4th Floor
Spokane, WA 99260
Contact Us
(509) 477-3604
Skip Navigation Links
Print this page 
Email this page to a friend 

Your questions, comments, and suggestions about this page help us evaluate how well we are doing at providing clear and concise information.

The suggestion field is required. Please provide an email address or contact information if you would like a response.

Accidental Spill Reporting

In the case of an Accidental Spill or Slug Discharge in the sewer collection system, the industrial users shall immediately telephone to notify the incident: Spokane County Sewer Maintenance (509) 477-1984, Spokane County Regional Water Reclamation Facility (509) 536-3700 or after hours (509) 979-4708.

The notification shall include the location of the discharge, date and time, type of waste, concentration and volume, and corrective actions taken by the industrial user.

The Fire Department will be the lead agency response for spills outside of the sewer collection system and will evaluate the dangers of spills and the best methods for responding to spills. In the event of any release of toxic, hazardous materials or emergency, call 911.