Courthouse Logo
Department header image
1116 W. Broadway Ave
2nd Floor
Spokane, WA 99260
Contact Us
Parcel Information Search
By Parcel Number:
By Street Address
Skip Navigation Links
Print this page 
Email this page to a friend 

Your questions, comments, and suggestions about this page help us evaluate how well we are doing at providing clear and concise information.

The suggestion field is required. Please provide an email address or contact information if you would like a response.

Tax Relief and Exemptions

If you are a senior citizen and/or disabled, you may be eligible for an exemption. The exemption applies to the primary residence and land on which it sits, up to one acre. Five acres are allowed if zoning permits it.

This program is administered by the Spokane County Assessor's Office. For application and further information, call (509) 477-5754.

The eligibility requirements for a senior citizen are:

  • Taxpayer must be at least 61 years of age and own the house they live in.
  • The combined family income must be $35,000.00 or less.

For a disability exemption, the taxpayer must be unable to work due to physical disability. A physician's statement must be included with the application as proof of disability.

If you are having difficulty paying your taxes, you may qualify for a Deferral Program through the Washington State Department of Revenue. If approved, the property tax is paid by the Department of Revenue and a lien is placed on the property.  The tax lien must be repaid at such time the property is sold or upon the death of the property owner.  More information about this program can be found at Spokane County Assessor's Office website or by calling (509) 477-5754.