Mandatory Guardian Training
Pursuant to LSPR 98.24, effective January 1, 2007, Spokane County Superior Court has developed mandatory guardian training for nonprofessional (family & volunteer) guardians. This rule applies to all guardianship cases including those originating under RCW 11.88 and SPR 98.16W.
To provide nonprofessional guardians with information on their legal responsibilities, paperwork and reports that are required in serving as a guardian.
- The training is mandatory for all nonprofessional guardians prior to their appointment as guardian. Certified Professional Guardians are not required to attend this training as long as the guardian is in good standing with the Certified Professional Guardian Board.
- The training will be held once a month in the Superior Court Juror Assembly Room, Spokane County Courthouse, third floor annex, from 4:45 p.m. to approximately 7:30 p.m. Download the Guardian Training Schedule
- Successful completion of the training shall be evidenced by a certificate issued by the court and filed in the guardianship court file prior to the hearing on the petition for guardianship.
- The court will consider waiver of the training for attorneys, bank trust officers and other professionals who have been appointed as guardians in the past upon a properly noted motion before the court.
- Each training participant shall pay a fee in the amount of $15.00 to Spokane County to cover the cost of the training material.
To register and receive training material, a completed registration form and fee (check or money order only, payable to the Spokane County Superior Court) in the amount of $15.00 shall be delivered, in person, to the Guardianship Monitoring Program, Room 101, Spokane County Courthouse at least five (5) days prior to the training date.
Download the Guardian Registration forms or pick them up at the Guardianship Monitoring Program Office.
Guardianship Training Forms
More Guardianship Forms are available on the Guardianship and Trust Forms page.